SERIES 185 AUTOMATIC TRANSFER SWITCH
24 HOUR PROTECTION AGAINST POWER FAILURES
Residential power outages can jeopardize homeowner personal safety and comfort, and also cause millions of dollars in damages to small businesses each year.
Computers, communications, air conditioning, security systems, refrigerators and freezers, hot water heaters and sump pumps all depend on electrical power to operate.
A generator is one piece of the solution. An ASCO Series 185 Automatic Transfer Switch is the other, the vital link that makes continuous power hassle free.
THE ASCO Series 185 Automatic Transfer Switch provideS all the intelligence your generator needs to make sure the power stays on when utility power fails. Sensing the loss of utility power and signaling the generator to start and restore power to your home or business – even if no one is home. When utility power has been restored, the Series 185 Automatic Transfer Switch automatically transfers your vital loads back to the utility and shuts the generator down.
Working hand in hand with virtually every brand of generator, ASCO Series 185 Automatic Transfer Switches provide around-the-clock protection from a power failure, taking action only when required.
ASCO Series 185 Automatic Transfer Switches are suitable for operation with portable or permanently mounted standby generators supporting loads up to 400 Amperes.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS
- USER-FRIENDLY CONTROL INTERFACE WITH EASY TO UNDERSTAND SYMBOLS AND VISUAL INDICATORS TO INFORM OPERATOR OF TRANSFER SWITCH AND POWER SOURCE STATUS
- LISTED TO UL 1008 FOR OPTIONAL STANDBY SYSTEMS, HANDLING TOTAL SYSTEM LOAD INCLUDING MOTORS AND ALL OTHER ELECTRICAL LOADS
- CUL LISTED FOR CANADIAN INSTALLATIONS
- MEETS ARTICLE 702, NFPA-70 NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE (NEC) REQUIREMENTS
- NOMINAL SERVICE VOLTAGE 240V 50/60HZ, SINGLE PHASE, 3 WIRE AC SYSTEMS
- TRUE DOUBLE-THROW CONTACTS WITH INHERENT MECHANICAL INTERLOCKING TO PREVENT CONNECTION OF GENERATOR AND UTILITY SOURCES
- TERMINALS FOR CONVENIENT CONNECTION OF NEUTRAL AND GROUND CONDUCTORS
- TEXTURED RAL 7035 LIGHT BEIGE COLOR AESTHETICALLY SUITABLE FOR RESIDENTIAL APPLICATIONS
- AVAILABLE IN NEMA TYPE 1 INDOOR (STEEL) AND TYPE 3R OUTDOOR (ALUMINUM) ENCLOSURES, WITH HINGED DOOR DESIGNS
- NEMA 1, UP TO 200 AMP SIZE IS 24"H X 14.25"W X 8.25"D, 400 AMP SIZE IS 45"H X 22"W X 7.5"D
- NEMA 3R UP TO 200 AMP SIZE IS 24"H X 16"W X 10"D, 400 AMP SIZE IS 45"H X 24"W X 10"D
- ADJUSTABLE 1 OR 3 SECOND TIME DELAY FOR OVERRIDING MOMENTARY UTILITY SOURCE DISRUPTIONS
- 10 SECOND TIME DELAY BEFORE LOAD TRANSFER TO EMERGENCY SOURCE, TO ALLOW GENERATOR WARM-UP AND STABILIZATION
- ADJUSTABLE 0 OR 4 SECOND TIME DELAY WHILE ON STANDBY SOURCE TO IGNORE MOMENTARY GENERATOR VOLTAGE DIPS
- 15 MINUTE TIME DELAY BEFORE LOAD RETRANSFER BACK TO UTILITY SOURCE, TO ENSURE STABILITY OF UTILITY POWER
- ADJUSTABLE 2 OR 5 MINUTE UNLOADED RUNNING TIME DELAY ALLOWS GENERATOR TO COOL DOWN PRIOR TO SHUTDOWN
- WEEKLY GENERATOR EXERCISER WITH OR WITH OUT LOAD TRANSFER.
- 50 OR 60 HERTZ OPERATION